Rob knows how to turn vision into results. He turned his vision of a national children’s TV network into YTV.
In just the last four years, Rob has led Council to:
- Save Glen Abbey Golf Course
- Create the Moccasin Trail on the waterside at Tannery Park and make improvements at North Park and other destination parks while creating hundreds of new neighbourhood parks and parkettes
- Increase trails from 200 to 240 km
- Increase cycling paths from 193 to 260 km
- Rebuild the downtown streetscape and the Lakeshore Road bridge that has restored the vitality of our heritage shopping district
- Achieve the best COVID results in the GTA and keep you updated with a nightly newsletter read by many thousands
- Save the town from amalgamation with neighbouring municipalities
- Save Halton’s remaining farmland from sprawl development
- Get more working capital for Oakville Enterprises, so it can dramatically increase its Dividend Income to the Town
- Create a Community Energy Plan and tree-planting program to help fight climate change. The Town is beating the 2030 climate change targets.
- Get on Best Places to Invest list for 4 years in a row (2019-2022)
- Achieve financial results praised by U of T’s Institute of Municipal Finance and Government as the strongest and healthiest of all municipalities.
These built on dozens of achievements from previous years – such as 16 years of clean, independent, “fully- acceptable,” and publicly-available audits.
Other achievements from previous terms of office include:
- Creation of the Livable Oakville vision and incorporation into a legally-strong official plan
- Preservation of a third of the greenspace in North Oakville (the Natural Heritage System)
- Building of facilities across town to catch up with growth:
- Oakville’s new hospital, 25% of the Local Share funded with $130 million of Dividend Income created by Rob
- Kerr Street Dream Centre, made possible by contributions arranged by Rob
- Queen Elizabeth Park Community & Cultural Centre, our first community and cultural centre
- Sixteen Miles Sports Complex with Olympic ice and heated seats
- Pine Glen Indoor Soccer Centre
- New transit depot with capability for electric bus
- GO parking garage at Oakville Station
- Expanded GO parking at Bronte Station
- Libraries in Clearview and North Park
- Redevelopment and improvements at Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park, Coronation Park, South Shell Park, Bronte Athletic Field, and North Park, among others
- Award-winning environmental, financial, open government, and economic development plans
- Implementation of Performance-Based Budgeting and moving of new infrastructure costs from taxpayers to growth, to keep property tax increases lower
Rob’s track record is why you trust Rob to keep his promises…Rob delivers.
That’s why 8 out of 10 residents recommend Oakville to friends and family in the recent town-wide Citizen’s Survey